Introduction to Systems Biology (NEW: bachelor course)
UNDER CONSTRUCTION: This is the main page for the NEW "Introduction to Systems Biology" course, which is planned to run for the first time in spring 2013.
About the course
The "Introduction to Systems Biology" course is a Bachelor level course aiming at:
- Teaching a conceptual introduction to the core of Systems Biology.
- Having a very large focus on Network Biology, including hands-on experience on how to work with, and critically interpret biological networks.
- All teaching will be very closely related to actual biology.
- We will work with examples of how the Systems Biology approach can be applied to biomedical research, and help find new biomarkers and potential drug targets.
- The students will learn how to use the biological networks as a scaffold for more refined analyses using data integration (e.g. filtering the network using tissue-specific expression, or mapping in protein meta data).
Course organizer: Rasmus Wernersson (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com)